YumaPro SDK provides mechanisms to debug problems with the yangcli-pro client and netconfd-pro server.
yangcli-pro and netconfd-pro can both output debugging information to the terminal and to log files. The level of detail in the debugging information can specified with config file and command line parameters.
An example of producing a log file from the server:
netconfd-pro --log=~/LOGS/netconfd-pro-test.log --log-level=debug4 --access-control=off
An example of producing a log file from the client:
yangcli-pro --log=~/LOGS/yangcli-pro-test.log --log-level=debug4
- The server or client has to be able to create the file so in the above examples the ~/LOGS directory must exist
- If a log file with the same name already exists, using --log with the same file name will overwrite the existing one
- Use a log file name that is descriptive of the issue you are experiencing. For instance in the examples above netconfd-pro-test.log or yangcli-pro-test.log are the log filenames. For your issue change to something like: <your_company_name>_netconfd-pro_<issue_with_xyz>.log
- In the above example, response output from the server will not be displayed in yangcli-pro it is all redirected to the log file. If you want to see the output as well as have it contained in the log file use the additional parameter: --log-mirroring as show in the example below
yangcli-pro --log=~/LOGS/yangcli-pro-test.log --log-mirroring --log-level=debug4
Log file details
For more details on creating log files, appending to an existing log file and specifying the level of detail see:
For additional debugging parameters see: What CLI parameters are useful for debugging?
Creating a bug report
When creating a bug report you should send information to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit it directly to our ticketing system at https://yumaworks.freshdesk.com/
Include the following information:
- Include one or both of the log files described above with log-level=debug4 (depending on the issue)
The <get-support-save> command is available while yangcli-pro is connected to the netconfd-pro server. Run the command in the example below which send the output to an xml file:
fred@srv1> @~/LOGS/example-bug.xml = get-support-save
I start the server with: netconfd-pro --log-level=debug4 --param1 --param2 --module=xyz.yang --log=bug-output.log Then I start yangcli: yanggcli-pro user@srv1> connect server=srv1 user=fred password=pw1 The connect sequence was normal. The I entered the command: fred@srv1> command1 param1=xyz param2=abc So far so good, but when I enter fred@srv1> command2 param3=klm the server does <explain the symptom of issue>
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <rpc-reply message-id="3" xmlns:ncx="http://netconfcentral.org/ns/yuma-ncx" ncx:last-modified="2017-10-04T00:51:19Z" ncx:etag="57332" xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0"> <data>
If I call command2 before command1 the issue doesn't occur.